OPC is actually a common standard in industry.
Industry 4.0 requires OPC UA.
With the Tani OPC Toolkit your applications gets access to all computers, industrial controllers and devices which are offering OPC. Various manufacturers are offering OPC servers for accessing special devices. So you get access to your complete plant.
The Tani OPC Toolkit supports various operating systems and hardware platforms.
OPC Client Toolkit
TargetWith the Tani OPC Client Toolkit a program gains access to OPC systems available in the network or running on the same machine.
The focus lies in controllers and devices.
- Synchronous read
- Asynchronous read (Data per event)
- Synchronous write
OPC VariantsSupported are OPC-UA and OPCpipe.
Programming LanguagesThe libraries are existing as dll (Windows) or shared objects (Linux). The calling conventions are that from the underlying operation system.
The package includes
- Program in C. Usable on all systems.
- Program in C#. For Windows.
- Libraries for the supported operation systems.
Operating systemsSupported are all operating systems the products OPC Server or PLC Engine are existing. This are
- From Windows XP up to Windows 10. The server variants are supported also.
- 32 and 64 Bit
- INTEL processors and compatible
- The OPC Toolkit it POSIX compatible. So all systems with GLIBC or uGLIBC can be used.
- INTEL processors and compatible. 32 and 64 Bit
- ARM processors. 32 Bit (64 Bit is in preparation)
- MIPS processors. 32 Bit (64 Bit is in preparation)
- Please call for other processors.
- Multicore systems are recommended. Single CPU systems can be used also.
Memory usageProgram code: A minumum of 4MB will be occupied by the program code. The exactly amount of used memory varies between the operation systems. So shared libraries normally are loaded once. So if the standard library is not already loaded by another program it occupies 4MB of additional memory.
User data: A minimum of 2MB data is used by the OPC libraries. Additional the data from the controllers are hold in memory for old/new data conversions. This cache memory needs the lenght of the item data plus64 bytes. Each connection will need 4kB of memory.
Maximum number of connections: 60000.
Maximum length of one element: 4GB.
Maximum number of elements each connection: 4 Million.
Maximum number of all items: 16 Million.
Maximum OPC groups each connection: 100.
Technical LimitsAs much of connection can be handles simultanously the underlaying operation system is supporting.
Each connection can hold as much items the memory can hold.
With the Tani products tested are 200 connections and 1 000 000 items.